This past week I was lucky enough to stay at Kanuka farms with some of the most wonderful people that I’ve ever met. The cottage was homey, and the food was absolutely wonderful. Everything that we ate was homemade-down to the bread and the honey. The farm is completely organic, which strangely enough led to a lot of weeding, but I actually got to help out in a lot of ways and even made it to the Dunedin farmer’s market to help Alice sell some of the produce. Some highlights of the week for me- eating an apricot straight off the tree (I will never again be able to buy one at a grocery store because I know it won’t taste as good), picking and drying roses for rose sugar, and having kunekune piglets fall asleep in my lap. I also enjoyed the fact that I could walk in every single direction and the beauty never stopped. There was even an alpaca farm down the road where the animals would come up to the fence and you could feed them. I was sad to leave, but Alice and Jock assured me that I could visit for a weekend or a holiday where other students are heading to their homes. I have way too many pictures, but I will try to include just a few to show how wonderful life’s been.
For whatever reason...I think I'm tearing up, I just love when Annie is happy...
ReplyDelete