Monday, March 5, 2012

Hills and Real Life Glow Sticks

I stayed in Dunedin this weekend, and am happy to say that I was not disappointed. On Saturday we walked to the top of Signal Hill, which is about an hour from our flat and looks over the entire city and the harbor. Then, on Sunday night we drove about 30 minutes to a trail-the return trip was only about 10 minutes, but hey, directions are hard. Then we proceeded to walk up the wrong trail for a good 30 minutes (like I said, directions are hard). But, I am definitely not complaining because the walk was absolutely beautiful and everything was green. When we found the right track, we walked for about ten minutes to a stream that had walls of rock and ferns around it. This probably seems fairly average to you, and to some extent it was at around 8:45. But, by 9 it was a different story. Why? Because there were glow worms. So, what appeared to be plain ten minutes before suddenly seemed like we were surrounded by green stars. It was one of those things I was glad that I couldn’t photograph because it would never do it justice. I am so happy that I am in such a wonderful place and that if I walk in any direction I will run into something beautiful. 
Only an hour walk from our flat on top of the "hill"

This was considered a "bad" day to walk up because it was a little cloudy out

No comments:

Post a Comment